-
December 26th, 2001, 04:11 AM
#11
Matt Pacini
Guest
Yeah, you're absolutely correct.
And those are some of the reasons I'm now moving into 16mm, that and the huge jump in quality.
But I just thought I'd tell that little story, to enlighten not only Super 8'ers, but DV'ers, because if you're serious about wanting to win or sell in a film festival, you can plan on a 16mm or 35mm print.
Blair Witch Project went to Sundance with a 35mm print that they had made at 4MC for around $32,000.
I kept bringing this up when people would tell me how it didn't matter if you shot on film anymore or not.
Yeah, right.
So, not to know Super 8 (I'm still shooting it, after all), but if you shot on 16mm, a print is going to cost you like, what, around $1,000 or something?
If you shoot in anything else, including any video formats, you're looking at $15,000 - $30,000 just for the print.
Something to think about for the festival dreamers...
Matt Pacini
------------------
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks